Tuesday 10 May 2011

My Own Motorsport

So you all know that I'm an F1 geek, but I haven't actually spoken about my own personal involvement in motorsport. Since the age of 12 I have been driving my Range Rover:


From the age of 13 I have been driving that magnificent car in junior off road trials. On my very first trial I came third in the national competition. I continued with my junior trials (Tyro trials) until I turned 17. Once I was old enough to have a provisional license, I started driving in RTV trials - and came third in class in my first ever trial! I enjoy these trials immensely and have a go whenever I can!
Aside from the trials I also drive about in my Land Rover:



I passed my driving test first time, and the car above is my road car - a 1962 Series Landy. It is amazing!!

On my 18th birthday, rather than go out drinking like most people my age, I went on a rally driving course. I was born at 3:45 in the afternoon and at 3:45 on the 8th of May I was performing a handbrake turn in a Subaru WRC car - what a way to start adulthood!