Thursday 10 May 2012

One Happy Red Bull Racing Fan

In my last post, I wrote about my 20th birthday and the 1 year anniversary of beginning this blog. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday - despite having an exam and an injection (as part of my research over the summer) I had an absolutely fantastic day with my friends and family. So all in all, a brilliant start to my twenties. I even had a motorsport theme to my birthday card from my parents:


Well, just when I thought that it couldn't get much better than this, today I had the biggest surprise of my life. On returning to my PC after lunch, I checked Twitter. I had a fair few new followers. This was strange, as the number had jumped in between me having lunch and returning. Scrolling down the page, I notice a tweet from @RedBullF1Spy, Red Bull's mysterious paddock reporter. What did the tweet say? Well, read for yourself:


Now, I've had a lot of birthday greetings this year, and all of them are special, but this one has absolutely made my day, week, month...! As you know, I'm a big fan of Red Bull, and I think it's things like this that make the team so special.

So, thank you Red Bull and thank you Sebastian! You've made an F1 nerd very happy, and I will be seeing you at Spa!